Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our Swell Exclusive to you... Wednesday Wedding Etiquette from the Past... Until Now



Emily Post's Etiquette 1957.  The classic.  It really is no wonder that I became a Wedding Coordinator because my Grandma used to read to me from that book...  Emily Post's Etiquette.   I was HOOKED!  Love rules... and guidelines...with a light-hearted touch.  So, I'm sharing with you, a little Wednesday Wedding Etiquette.  I hope to keep this going for a while, so stay tuned!
From 1957 to 2010, a few things have changed.
Rule #1:
1957 by Emily Post:  "The first fact to remember is that all the expense of a wedding belong to the bride's Parents."
2006 by Peggy Post: "Traditionally, the bride's family assumes the burden of most wedding costs... Nowadays, however, just 27 percent of weddings are paid for soley by the birde's parents."
Good news for Bride's Parents? 

No comments: