Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bridezillas?? What's up with these Reality TV Shows?

So, it's a Sunday morning right after an incredible wedding at Star Ranch in Corona. What an incredible couple... what a magical place.

So, what does an event coordinator do on a Sunday after a swell Saturday wedding? I'm watching Bridezilla, the show that everyone references at almost every wedding that I coordinate. People ask me: "Do you have any bridezillas?" My answer: "No."
That's what a coordinator does... anticipating conflicts and taking care of them before they even arise.
So have you watched that show? What's up with these women??? Seriously, who wants to be on that show? After fast forwarding through three shows (thank goodness for Cox on Demand) I realize one thing: Couples need a wedding coordinator. Forgotten wedding licences, catering fiascos, brides that have no idea what they're doing at their rehearsals, no timelines or pre-wedding calls to vendors, tears, screaming, and more tears. Reality TV at its finest.
My advice? Hire a coordinator, sweet brides, even if you're not a Bridezilla.

Be swell.
Natalie Vishny

No comments: